[AMPS] Rich is back, now how about KM1H ???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Rich is back, now how about KM1H ???
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:32:46 -0600
on 2/21/00 8:40 PM, Bob Johnson at rjohnson@ici.net wrote:

> I agree on YOUR list no one is locked out.  But what about KM1H and W8JI ???
> It appears that they were locked out PRIOR to you taking over !!!  We need
> them
> back and need to make sure this kind of stuff dosn't happen again !!!

I think W8JI is not here because he's locked out, but because he doesn't
want to be.  Tom can't be on this list without Rich going after him tooth
and nail and never leaving him alone.  So Tom chooses not to be on the list.

The problem with Carl is between Bill Fisher who owns contesting.com and
Carl.  Will doesn't have control over that.

The list has a list manager for a specific reason:

TO CONTROL THE CONTENT OF THE LIST.

We don't want people posting recipes for chocolate brownies on AMPS nor do
we want to find info on the latest porn starts.  So we have a topic and a
mode of discussion.  Are other topics, even ham radio topics such as DX
chasing not welcome on amps?  Not really.  The purpose of the reflector is
amplifier discussions.  So yes, all other topics are CENSORED if you wish to
use that word.  There are other lists for those things.

Now, if I am the owner of hardware like Mr. Fisher and one of my users
insults me or others in a way that I don't like, I have every right to kick
him off my equipment and not let him in.  Just like, if I don't like you, I
can kick you out of my house.  Property rights are constitutionally
protected too you know.

The level of white noise on AMPS is unbelievable.  That's why I rarely read
it and that's why many good amp designers don't read or post much too it
either.  It is basically a forum for Rich Measures and the people who faun
over him.  And it is also made up of people who are entertained by all the
BS that takes place.

Perhaps you fellows who complain about censorship should go over to the
CQ-Contest reflector where EVERY single post is reviewed before it is put to
the list and many don't make it.  Why?  To limit free speech? NO! It's to
keep the topic to contesting and not diverge into other areas or "Me Too!"
posts.

A list has a moderator for a reason.  Let Will do his job guys and don't
crucify him for it.

73,

Jon
KE9NA