[AMPS] Rich is back, now how about KM1H ???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Rich is back, now how about KM1H ???
From: nj4f@erols.com (Steve Bookout)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:59:29 -0500
Hello all,

Been catching up on the mess here since I was busy in the contest over the
weekend.

As long as people conduct themselves in a CIVIL manner, let everyone post
his view or position.  I do think the tit for tat stuff can really go on
too long, but that I can delete when I see it.  I can accept vastly
different opinions on subjects and I think we can all become more
knowledgeable when different perspectives are brought forth.

BUT, I have no room for nasty spirited people who are vicious and REALLY
insensitive in their remarks.

It's not Carl's opinions which should keep him off, but the out and out
mean way he conducts himself.  This he has tried to explain away as just
the way people from 'up there' are, as if it were just some mannerism, or
an accent.

Quite generally, I can appreciate the way Rich can disagree with someone.
And, as we've all found out, you don't want to make a statement without
being able to back it up.  Let the debates begin!

Disagree, but don't be disagreeable. (Don't think I'm some sort of 'feel
good', naive, group-hugging, 'about to break into a chorus of 'kumbaya''
liberal, searching for world peace.  It ain't so.)

If Carl, can treat people with some reasonable level of civility, I want
him back, for he adds good input, but if he is going to act like the 'south
end of a north bound horse', he can stay away.

73 de Steve, NR4M

At 11:28 PM 2/21/00 -0700, you wrote:

>>Now that Rich Measures has been "UNCENSORED", how about letting Carl, KM1H
>>back on the list ???
>>

>>It seems to me that the same "Group" that dumped Rich also dumped Carl and
>>for about the same reason, NOTHING !!!
>
>Carl called the reflector owner the N--- word.  This is not a free speech
>issue.
>
>>This list used to provide a lot of good technical info until the "Censors"
>>started playing GOD.
>
>There was little disruption.  The AMPS-bypass mail server delivered my
>disappeared posts until Will reinstated me.  .  .
>>
>>I make a motion that we ask Carl to rejoin the list and get back to the
>>real AMPS list.
>

>>Anyone want to second the motion ???
>>
>cheers, Bob
>
>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/ampsfaq.html

Steve Bookout, NR4M (ex NJ4F)
Rapidan Data Systems

'DX4WIN...The way logging programs should be!'
Free demo at http://www.erols.com/pvander