[AMPS] Rich is back, now how about KM1H ???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Rich is back, now how about KM1H ???
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:14:59 -0700

>Hello all,
>
>Been catching up on the mess here since I was busy in the contest over the
>weekend.

a different kind of mess.

>As long as people conduct themselves in a CIVIL manner, let everyone post
>his view or position.  I do think the tit for tat stuff can really go on
>too long, but that I can delete when I see it.

Indeed.  However, a pure diet of technostuff is as dry as Saturday's
toast.

>I can accept vastly
>different opinions on subjects and I think we can all become more
>knowledgeable when different perspectives are brought forth.
>
>BUT, I have no room for nasty spirited people who are vicious and REALLY
>insensitive in their remarks.

So now we gotta worry about ''sensitivity''?   I think I'm gonna puke.  .

>It's not Carl's opinions which should keep him off, but the out and out
>mean way he conducts himself.  This he has tried to explain away as just
>the way people from 'up there' are, as if it were just some mannerism, or
>an accent.

Agreed.  The explanation did not wash.  Carl was clearly over the top.
Near the end, he was pretty obviously crusin' for a brusin'.  Bill
apparently asked him to back off.  Carl played the N--- Card and lost.
My guess is Carl got what he wanted.

>Quite generally, I can appreciate the way Rich can disagree with someone.
>And, as we've all found out, you don't want to make a statement without
>being able to back it up.  Let the debates begin!
>
>Disagree, but don't be disagreeable.

well put

>(Don't think I'm some sort of 'feel
>good', naive, group-hugging, 'about to break into a chorus of 'kumbaya''
>liberal, searching for world peace.  It ain't so.)
>
>If Carl, can treat people with some reasonable level of civility, I want
>him back, for he adds good input, but if he is going to act like the 'south
>end of a north bound horse', he can stay away.

amen, Steve.  The ultimate squelch is to stop replying.