[AMPS] Output Pulse from ICOM 706

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Output Pulse from ICOM 706
From: doug@nc.rr.com (Doug Hall)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 22:19:25 -0500
Some clarifications to my previous post:

I was using a 13.8v 50A power supply, well regulated.

I stated that the The output power on the 706 returns
to nominal after about 2.5 mS. That's 2.5 mS after the transmitter is
activated. The actual spike lasts a little over a millisecond.

The power levels were determined by reading the p-p voltage on the
scope (measured with an attenuator) and converting to watts. The
nominal power levels agree with my Bird meter.