[AMPS] Output Pulse from ICOM 706

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Output Pulse from ICOM 706
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:05:47 -0000
Steve G8IZY said:

        >Maybe... if rig reviewers in Rad Com, QST etc.paid
        > more attention to these sort of design defects,
        >then things would improve. A tall order? - possibly
        > the magazines would just lose advertisers!

The advertisers are and publishers are in a cleft stick though
 - they heavily rely on each other. In point of fact, relatively
few amateurs have any problem with these design faults.

Mark commented:
>It seems so ass-backwards to push for better RX
>performance with higher dynamic range, better filtering etc

It's taken a good few years to get the improvements, though.
It always interests me as to why spurious responses (both
internal and external) don't receive more attention
(sorry for the pun!), as they contribute to reception failure
- just as IMD and phase noise do, and with increasing DDS
use, can become a major problem. They are, after all, a
special case of phase noise.

73

Peter G3RZP