Re: [Amps] HV transformers I want to series primaryandparallelsecondary

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV transformers I want to series primaryandparallelsecondary
From: mike kendall <ke6cvh@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 22:10:22 -0700 (PDT)
David,
    If you look at the West Coast radio handbook in the power supplies section
it says that you can either parallel or series transformers of the same type.
I have also been on many web pages that have done it as well.
  73,
  Mike

"David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com> wrote:
  Now you've got me worried. I am building an amp using a 4CX1500A and didn't
have a filament transformer that would supply 5V at 42A but I do have 2
identical 25A transformers. Am I going to run into trouble here? I plan to
use a step start circuit to control start up inrush.

David
KC2JD