Re: [Amps] Status of Alpha

To: "'Mike Dishop'" <n8wff@yahoo.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Status of Alpha
From: "Jerry" <jsternmd@att.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 18:47:55 -0400
Hi Mike,

Huge thanks for your transparency and continued support.  I didn't take any of
your posts in any sort of negative manner, in fact I found them thoughtful and
informative.

Some of us older hams (licensed in 1963) still like to repair our own rigs.  I
own three Alpha 87a (2 operational, one spare parts if needed) and have done
the TX pin diode replacement in one, another needed some work on the LV board,
etc.  I have kept my Collins 30S-1, KWS-1, Viking 500, etc, etc going for many
years.  I think the special challenge for the 87a and all new autotuned amps is
the microprocessor programs and FPLA's as these are black boxes to us.   I know
each amp has calibration data particularly for the stepper motors... I believe
we can download this directly but what if my Motorola 68k uprocessor  got
fried?  Could you make public the full code for us old-timers ?

73
Jerry, NY2KW