Re: [Amps] Tips For Winding a Plate Choke

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tips For Winding a Plate Choke
From: Martin Sole <hs0zed@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 08:35:48 +0700
Carl,

Did you notice any effect on 10MHz. When I put an Ameritron choke in my 78, which I agree fits just fine, it was okay but went bang on 10Mhz. Had I the time then I would have investigated moving it to resonate somewhere else but in stock form mounted in the 78 I measured resonance at 10.5MHz, too close to 10.1MHz to work I think.

As a more general question, where would be good to place a single choke for 160-10 9 band coverage, around 12 MHz?

Martin, HS0ZED