[CQ-Contest] USA WRTC 2002 Team Selections

Subject: [CQ-Contest] USA WRTC 2002 Team Selections
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue May 15 08:20:52 2001
Hi Jeff -- don't know if you kept the data, but it might be very
instructive to compile a table showing which US ops placed where in each of
the 3 runnings to date.  Perhaps a single figure of merit could be
developed, something like (sum of places)/(number of WRTC's attended),
which would give us a ranking based on actual results.

I'm halfway in your corner, and halfway agree with the "merit first" boys.
Seems to me that simply because someone can afford the plane fare and the
time to go, and throws his hat into the ring, that shouldn't mean much.
But somebody who placed in the top 10 last time and wants to go again
probably deserves to be selected.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!