[CQ-Contest] Re:

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re:
From: k4sb@bellsouth.net (Ed)
Date: Thu May 17 04:47:25 2001

tombaugh wrote:
> It's their game...
> What if you can't play by your own rules you won't play?
> Take your ball and go home?
> It's not your ball..... you have to be invited to play in this game.
> It's their game they have this right.
> Boycott a volunteer effort which is supposed to represent goodwill?
> COME ON!
>
> Tom
> AE9B

You're right, it is their game, and their ball. But right off the top
of my head, I cannot think of any professional or amateur sport which
allows another country to pick the teams which they will play. You
send your best, and that decision for the US should be decided by no
one else but the very best contesters in the world, and that means the
US players.

I can just see the British Open refusing to invite Tiger Woods,
because he's too good.

The US has the right to pick its own team in accordance by whatever
rules we wish. As does every other country who participates.

COME ON indeed!