Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R technique

To: "Guy Molinari" <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R technique
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:23:48 +0300
Hi Guy,

I think you should never time your calls on the second radio according to
your CQ but whenever you find someone on the second radio you should be able
to call him instantly meaning that it will interrupt your CQ. TR LOG and
WinTest that I use now for logging let you send a dummy CQ to A Radio again
right after completing your call on the 2nd radio. WinTest lets you do even
more. You can create scenarios to make the whole process really smooth and
thus stations on your run frequency don't even notice you being away other
than some interrupted messages.

But the interruption is no problem I think as it is more important to be in
the air with your CQ. I always listen to A radio with my left ear while
working station on Radio B, thus you can always send QRX or report to
someone who comes back or answer any QRL-s.

The most digusting thing are those guys who just land on your frequency and
start CQ immidiately. That happens disturbingly often those days and often
when you are trying to copy a weak station who is sending his call to you
several times.

73
tonno
es5tv