[CQ-Contest] SO2R technique

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R technique
From: Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 08:04:46 -0700 (PDT)
>How do I time and synchronize my callls on the second radio without
>interrupting the CQ'ing on the run radio.

Always stop the CQ on #1 to work a station on rig #2.  Do not synchronize
calling a station with your CQing.

The beauty of TR-Log for SO2R CW is how seamless it does this:  Call CQ on #1,
interrupt with space bar to send your call on rig #2, TR calls CQ on rig #1,
send report on rig #2, CQ resumes on rig #1.  Pretty tough for a QRLer to sneak
in there.

With any luck, someone came back to your CQ that was prior to the rig #2 report
sent and you've already typed in their call and are immediately working them
without calling another CQ.

GL
Scott W4PA

W4PA Contest Blog - http://w4pa.journalspace.com