Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R technique

To: "'Pete Smith'" <n4zr@contesting.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R technique
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 18:28:19 -0400

> I encounter all the time is that the other station is down
> off the low-side of my filter response, approaching
> zero-beat, so his signal is hugely attenuated.

Pete has a good point.

Another reason is the disparity of rigs/filters.  When I have my filters
tightened down to 250Khz with DSP on,  and the roofing filter and the 40M
yagi are in line with big signals everywhere,  I may see daylight but some
one with wider filters, no roofing filter and a dipole may see QRM.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"