Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R technique

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R technique
From: <w9wi@w9wi.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:29:35 -0400
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:23:48 +0300
  "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee> wrote:
> The most digusting thing are those guys who just land on
>your frequency and
> start CQ immidiately. That happens disturbingly often
>those days and often
> when you are trying to copy a weak station who is
>sending his call to you
> several times.

Tonno, I think you're being too nice to these
people<grin>.  Seriously, I believe starting a CQ without
inquiring whether the frequency is occupied is
**cheating**.  It should result in penalties and
potentially disqualification, except that it's too
difficult to prove with reasonable certainty.

On the other hand, if they ask, and you don't answer
because you're too busy on the second radio, then your run
frequency is gone.

I have on occasion intentionally allowed a run frequency
to be lost, because it was being relatively unproductive &
I knew it would be easy to find another one.

I have also on occasion had to ignore weak callers,
because there were too many folks out there ready to steal
my run frequency if the guy I was working wasn't loud
enough to scare them off.
==
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66