Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R
From: "ku8e" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:00:46 -0500
 Lately I have been doing SO2V (Single-Op 2 VFO's). What I do is set one VFO up
on the band I am CQing on and the other on another band to S&P. When there is a
pause in the rate I switch to the other VFO and work someone on another band
real quick and then switch back to my CQ frequency quickly.

The only disadvantage is that I can't transmit and listen on another band at
the same time... but it's still better then sitting on one frequency like you
would doing SO1R and not knowing what's happening on the other bands.

The advantage is you don't need special SO2R boxes and bandpass filters. N1MM
even has a SO2V mode. Try it out and you will notice an increase in your
contest scores (and multipliers)

Jeff KU8E