Re: [CQ-Contest] Hunting in Africa

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Hunting in Africa
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:39:04 -0500

>>The highest temptation while operating 6Y1V from EU home would be
second
>>local RX on the low bands.

>>73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

I agree, the temptation is there for someone to cheat. The same can be
said every time you step in a bank. A temptation to rob the bank may be
there, but then, not all people are robbers.

There may be one or two people who would use a second local low band RX
to cheat, but this doesn't mean the majority of decent hams would do so.

I would find no pleasure in winning a contest by cheating. I am sure
most decent hams agree.

Remote operation is not the issue here, it is the cheaters themselves,
else we might be discussing QRP operators. Think how easy it would be to
arrive in Jamaica and win the QRP contest from my station using 10, 15
or 25 watts. On the other hand, considering the antenna system at 6Y1V
and Caribbean propagation, think how easy it would be to be accused of
cheating when running only 5 watts!

If we wish to discuss elimination of cheating, let's talk about
eliminating the cheaters, not every potential methods of cheating.

Respectively,

David ~ KY1V