Re: [CQ-Contest] Rising IQ This Year

To: <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>, "Cq-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rising IQ This Year
From: "Martin Luther" <vk7gn@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 08:53:53 +1100
Yea!
I gave up on an 80m pile that was not hearing me well enough to allow
any control. Most of those calling had never listened or even heard me
at all. Just an automatic jump from the computer.

I can S&P quicker than work through the packet piles.

I like huge piles of signals when my signal is strong enough to control
them. Most of the time it is not.

That is why there is silly ill informed comments about "we want bigger
piles don't we" from those in geographically advantaged locations where
they are strong enough to control things most of the time. For the rest
of us the packet system has ruined contesting.

Martin VK7GN