Re: [CQ-Contest] Rising IQ This Year

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rising IQ This Year
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 07:34:39 -0800
I do not believe IQ is the problem, but rather it all boils down to the A,
B, C, D and/or E's of Contesting as well as DXing in general:

A = ( A )rrogant Selfish Attitude

B = ( B )ully In The Schoolyard Mentality

C = ( C )onquest Addition Disorder

D = ( D )UH! Factor - A 'Clueless' deer-in-the-headlights persona rather
than an IQ Problem ('Smart' people can actually be DUMB)

E = ( E )thically Challenged, sub-human, animal-instincts-only driven
{explicatives deleted}

We have all unintentionally QLF'd with an ill-timed call at least once, but
the real problem in this 'Hobby' is with the Chronic LIDS.

Super Kudos to XW1B who initially came back to my puny signal on 40m as
'VVA?' and in spite of a hoard of Chronic OUT-OF-TURN-CALLER JA's and
others, kept doing this about FIVE TIMES (also adding 'ONLY KN') until he
completed the QSO.   This certainly cost him a few Run Q's, but he has my
admiration - just like the Stellar VP6DX operators who also towed the line
with A/B/C/D/E LIDS.

IMHO, the increased 'poor operating' we are seeing on the bands is but a
reflection of the degradation of human society in general.  Have you
listened to 14.275 lately?

73.

Rick, K6VVA