Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww cw spotting report

To: k1ttt@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww cw spotting report
From: "Steve Lott" <lottsphoto@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 20:56:11 -0600
several years ago i was still into self spotting,
I had no idea it was looked down on if you were using packet and were
getting assistance I thought hey packet (dx spots) is dx spots

after one contest I got a couple of very polite emails and I decided they
were right and I was in the wrong
if my old memory recalls this was about 5 years ago

People are learning from threads such as this
discussion IS good if the audience listens
for those that don't listen peer pressure is the best course

I would like to add K1TTT does so much for our community as contesters and
Ham radio over all and I say thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73
steve
kg5vk

as I write this I pray none of our ops self spotted this year while I was
away from the op position !