Re: [CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:17:14 +0000
> >It's the advancement of technology.  Use it or
> >don't -- but don't say I'm any less of an operator because I do.
> >
> >--
> >Mike DeChristopher, N0HI
>

> Well... roaming the bands "manually" to look for stations/multipliers sure
> makes you a better operator than when you just click the mouse on spots
> that computers have found and presented to you..
>
> In my eyes, yes you are less of an operator when using the RBN/cluster
> technology.

knowing when and how to use current technology always makes you a BETTER
operator in my eyes!

Believe me, properly using dx spots from any source in a contest is a lot
harder than clicking away with the mouse!  Otherwise every assisted op would
easily beat all the unassisted ones, and we know that doesn't happen.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net