Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Exchange

To: kd4d@comcast.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Exchange
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:20:07 EST

Maybe the S&P stations doesn't technically need to send TU, but can't  we
take a second for some politeness?

Also, when I hear a TU, it adds an element of confirmation that the guy is
acknowledging my exchange, and is not another run station on frequency
sending  his exchange.

One major complaint/request:

If you do send TU, PLEASE SEND TU BEFORE YOUR EXCHANGE, NOT  AFTER!   Send
 TU 5NN CA,  *NOT*    5NN  CA TU  !

I can't count the number of times a guy sends 5NN CA TU, and just as I've
hit my TU/QRZ message after the 5NN CA, I hear the start of the TU, forcing
me  to jump to the ESC key to abort my TU/QRZ, and to then wait until I'm
sure he's  done sending.

Of course I could just not cancel the TU/QRZ message, and  keep sending
while the S&P guy is saying TU, but then when he  stops sending I'm in
midstream and he may then be wondering if it was really him  I was talking to.
Maybe
leading to another round of ?? or a security dupe  later.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 2/2/2011 1:39:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,