Re: [CQ-Contest] Two points for intra-NA QSOs in CQWW?

To: "'Ron Notarius W3WN'" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Two points for intra-NA QSOs in CQWW?
From: "Bob Naumann" <W5OV@W5OV.COM>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:16:15 -0500
Ron,

I guess we have gone over this before, but I still don't see any personal
information being requested or required in any contest logs.

If you don't want your secondary address or station location published,
don't put it in the log file. There is no requirement to do so.

As far as station location is concerned, I think the ARRL Section is about
as close as you have to get to giving out that information.

There's no requirement for you to provide your actual station address in the
Cabrillo file -  it's your mailing address that is asked for, and this is so
the sponsor can send you a certificate.

It is not to locate your station or where you live or where you operate
from. If you don't want to provide it, don't.

You could put "See QRZ.com for address information" or leave it out.  No log
would be rejected for this.

I have never seen a telephone number requested.  I would not provide one
either. What purpose would it serve?

If you don't want, don't provide your email in your Cabrillo file. There is
no hard requirement to provide it. Many don't.

I have never seen a birth date requested - even in the All-Asia contest
where your age is your exchange, there is no requirement to divulge your
birthdate.

Does it bother me that contest log data that has no personal information in
it is used for purposes related to the contest or contest
operation/analysis? No.

In principle, I agree that there should be no exposure of private or
personal information through any contest log administration process.

That said, there is no private or personal information contained in a log
file that I am aware of.

I'm open to being convinced otherwise, but I'm still mystified as to what
personal data you are concerned about.

73,

Bob W5OV