Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 06:05:19 -0400
K5GO wrote: "I'm curious as to why the assisted operators want to eliminate
the unassisted category and for that matter why their opinion matters?

Is there any answer to the question above?

Obviously, by definition, those who operated unassisted don't want to
eliminate it.? "

I'll hazard a guess Stan.

Forever, the unassisted op has been told that its not "real man" contesting
to use assisted.  However, many people clearly enjoy it.  Randy has provided
the "bully pulpit" to give them a chance to no longer feel bad about doing
it (I am not talking about cheaters but people claiming and using
assistance).  So this is a way for them to finally feel good about it.

Any other reason?  I can't think of why a person using assistance already
would care that the old farts don't seem to mind that people are cheating in
the "other" category.  It in no way affects them to eliminate this potential
cheating except to kill the above, finally.

If assisted ops really cared about cheating, they would be demanding the
elimination of power categories and put all efforts on creating a monitoring
system to insure power compliance.  The silence on that subject is
deafening.

Ed  N1UR