Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 22:34:18 -0400
I thought that this thread was about the proposed elimination of the
unassisted category (or combining them as it was more delicately stated) and
now it has turned into the monthly assisted discussion.

CQ could save a whole lot of bandwidth on this list if they would changed
the name of the Assisted category.  Kudos to the ARRL for calling it
Unlimited!  Kelly is correct, the definition of "assistance" is quite clear
in the terms of the rules (shown below) and to me it seems pretty
reasonable. Forcing everyone into this category does not seem reasonable.

QSO finding assistance: The use of any technology or other source that
provides call sign or multiplier identification of a signal to the operator.
This includes, but is not limited to, use of a CW decoder, DX cluster, DX
spotting web sites (e.g., DX Summit), local or remote call sign and
frequency decoding technology (e.g., CW Skimmer or Reverse Beacon Network),
or operating arrangements involving other individuals.

John KK9A

Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change
from [Kelly Taylor]     [Permanent Link][Original]