[TenTec] "Remember, it's a computer."

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "Remember, it's a computer."
From: jmalloy@stny.rr.com (Joe Malloy)
Date: Sun Mar 16 00:02:53 2003
On Saturday 15 March 2003 09:50 pm, AC5E@aol.com wrote:
> Well, Joe, I don't know what's missing but, I have a computer I cannot
> reload the original version of ME on, because it says I need the ME
> Upgrade.  So I got one. Which will not load because it says it cannot find
> the licensing info from the original install.
>
> Juggling disks does not help. So I got a full version, which refuses to
> load. Period. Formatting the hard drive gets me drastically reduced hard
> drive space, but no joy on installing a program.
>
> Replacing the hard drive entirely works - but that's another aggravation.
> And expense. I just hope the Orion's software updates can be managed
> through Linux, because that OS will remain stock until it can.

Eek, that's tough and it has me scratching my head.  Lord knows why the full
version won't load, go figure.  I'm afraid I'm not *that* much of a computer
nerd to be able to diagnose your difficulty from your description, though,
otherwise I would try to be of assistance.

At any rate, I writing this note on the latest version of Linux I've tried --
it's Mandrake version 9 (a release candidate, no. 3, I believe) and so far it
running just fine.  We are dependent of good souls of the world writing
software for Linux and I stand ready to do my share in supporting them if it
comes to that.  Good luck...

73,
Joe, W2RBA