[TenTec] Omni VI TX/RX Frequency discrepency

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI TX/RX Frequency discrepency
From: keyer <telegrafiste@tiscali.fr>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 18:07:23 +0100
I have just determined that my Omni 6 Option 3 has a 270Hz difference in frequency between TX and RX. I have a 7040 kHz xtal generator and several other rigs to compare things with.
(much worse than having two watches!)
When the Omni is set to receive 7040 kKz then on TX its actual Frequency, measured on another known good rig is 703973 ie 270Hz low.
All measurements were done very carefully on CW, with narrowest filters in use.
I assume I can correct this, can anyone point me in the right direction, I have the standard TT manual.

Any help appreciated.

73 and seasons greetings to all TT fans

Deni, F5VJC / GM3SKN