Re: [TenTec] Final Firmware O2

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>, "'Douglas Shock'" <douglas.shock@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Final Firmware O2
From: "Marshall Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:10:27 -0600
Douglas,

What is your source of information for your following statement?

"If it was such a great and finished product then why did most if not all of
the Ham Radio's Top contest-DX operators bail on TenTec?"

What did they bail to?

The National Contest Journal July/August 2009 Volume 37 Number 4 contains an
extensive article on "Choosing an HF Radio for Serious Contesting and
DXing".  Of the four (4) transceivers the author picks, the Ten-Tec ORION II
is one of them.

I'm not convinced that I've ever missed a DX or contest QSO that I could
have worked if I had been using something better than my ORION II.

73,
Marsh, KA5M