Re: [TenTec] wither CW?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] wither CW?
From: "Pumbaa" <pinkertontommrs@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 16:31:33 -0500
You have a good point, Phil. Some DX guys send 30 to 40 WPM, but  shoot I
can't even type that fast on a keyboard.  Regarding CW, I make a lot more
contacts on 40 meters using CW than SSB with my Yaesu FT-817ns.  However on
normal power (100 Watts or +) it is often easier to find a SSB contact on 40
meters than to find anyone working CW during the daytime.  If the S/N ratio
is high enough and the frequency clear, a good CW program copies morse code
at high speeds better than I can and it writes it down.

Tom
AG8K