Re: [TenTec] Zepp?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zepp?
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 21:58:05 +0200
No choke necessary.
Also, "OCFD" is not = "OCFD"

It all depends on how  far away from the middle the feedpoint is.

Now my question to you, Jon:

What is the difference between feeding with coax or Openwire?
Why is it ok to feed it with a coax and not with openwire?

IN FACT, if you study up on the history of the migration of Windom to OCFD,
it was first fed with a single wire, then with openwire, then with coax thru
a balun.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)