Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 16:19:27 +0100
Gary, the OM7 was my favorite radio for many years.
But it is a 10 year old design and I'm looking forward, not backwards.

My Eagle is 10 dB better than the OM7 in BDR3 and the good SDR radios are 10
dB better than the Eagle, although with all the filthy transmitters out
there, that won't help much.

I view the flex 1500 as a training object for this new type of radio, not a
real radio.
Its performance is not even in the class of the OM7.
It's like a sparring partner for a boxer; something to practice with.

Maybe Ten-Tec will come out with a similar design for the high end.
We'll see.

20 years from now, it will be difficult to find new ham radios with knobs.
Maybe even 10 years from now.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)