Re: Topband: DX window

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DX window
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:25:38 -0500
<snip>

> "Three verifiable complaints and you're out" should be the rule. With
> SDR receivers available these days, that shouldn't be too difficult to
> police.
>
> --
> 73
> Ian, G3NRW

I'm not so sure I like the 3 strikes policy. My reasoning is lets say
some AH wanted for instance, to discredit stiff competition and
pirated their call using it while intentionally create interference
in the DX window. It wouldn't take long for this to disqualify that
operator unfairly.

What I see as reasonable is to make operating in the DX window a
penalty where when the test scores are sent in by cabrillo, those
working the window would be identified. When the scores are sent in,
the IP address is added to the x-header and simply going to
http://aruljohn.com/track.pl and entering the IP will tell you where
the senders location is.

Make it known every QSO within that DX window from W/VE not working a
DX station will have a punitive docking of points. If they have the
guts to do this, there will quickly be a hole in the ether for DX to
be heard.

Gary
KA1J