Re: Topband: DX window

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX window
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:51:49 -0800
I think "tradition" for the ARRL has been to only find "DX" stations there
CQing.  That's why it is in the rules.  It is often the first time some of
the "little guns" have ever heard DX on the band.

>From time to time - I find some USA stations there CQing - and typically
they leave after being reminded about the window.

However, from time to time you see a serious station setup camp and run off
100 or more domestic stations - which seems like it is taking advantage of
the rule.

Tree