Re: Topband: DX window

To: "Topband@contesting.com" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX window
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 14:19:35 +0000
Don't mean to leapfrog you guys technologically. But you don't need to
interface your radio to your computer, because lots of other hams have already
done this. CQ'ing stations are logged in the "Reverse Beacon Network"
automatically. http://reversebeacon.net/

The reversebeacon data clearly show all the US and VE CQ'ing stations I heard
in the DX window. There were several consistently CQ'ing in the DX window the
first night of the contest. It even shows that I (briefly, like a minute or
two) CQ'ed in the window!

While I like to complain too, there was a marked reduction in US/VE CQ'ing in
DX window the second night of the contest and many DX stations were clearly
audible to me on fairly clear frequencies both inside and outside the window. I
was a little surprised that there wasn't a line of callers for the stronger DX
stations. I strongly suspect comments made on this mailing list and
forwarded/read by those stations, helped rectify the situation.

Tim N3QE