Re: Topband: DX window

To: Gary@ka1j.com, Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DX window
From: Darrell Bellerive <drbellerive.va7to@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 18:22:47 -0800
Being unencumbered by knowledge of contest log reporting and checking perhaps I am missing something.

Since virtually all contest stations use automated logging programs and these programs could get the actual transmit frequency directly from the transceiver as the contact is logged, then why couldn't a log check computer program simply check for non DX contacts within a DX window?

I guess that would mean requiring an exact frequency rather than a generic frequency to be submitted in the Cabrillo format, but certainly that doesn't seem to hard to code into the logging program.

I suppose this could even be crosschecked in the other station's log to rule out computer errors.

Apply penalties for a certain number of violations to allow for true mistakes, but once above a certain limit, disqualification.

I will crawl back under my rock now.

73, Darrell VA7TO

Darrell Bellerive