[TowerTalk] Vertical?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical?
From: don@kcnet.com (Don Nutt)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 21:20:45 -0600
I would like to add that I have not had needed to guy my HF2V until I changed
the bottom insulator.  I replaced the Fiber resin (I believe it's G12) rod
with a teflon rod.  I found it to be a weak point and start to carbon trace
when attempting to run more than 500W on 160 from a tuning section made from a
24uh motorized inductor.  It heated up tremendously when running more than
700W.  With the teflon insulator,  I can run full legal when needed but now it
needs to be guyed at all times.  I had a guy break and the antenna fell over
but no damage,  the teflon rod was flexible enough to bend.

GL

Don Nutt
N6TDM/0
don@kcnet.com