Re: [TowerTalk] Using Plenum Plenum Cable

To: K8RI on Tower talk <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using Plenum Plenum Cable
From: Bill Coleman N2BC <n2bc@stny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:10:03 -0400
Plenum rated cable is designed to be run in return air ducts or in the
air space above ceilings or under raised floors.  I believe the rating
is for fire purposes, it won't outgas hazardous chemicals into the
'airspace' in case of a fire.   10Base-T is 10MB ethernet over twisted
pairs, i.e. CAT-5 rated cable.

The plenum rating has nothing to do with UV resistance.

73, Bill   N2BC