Re: [TowerTalk] permit in hand

To: brubin2010@gmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] permit in hand
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:54:39 EDT

Bill;

$400 Excessive? You have to be kidding. That's a joke, right? Good  laugh for
a holiday weekend start.

The PE and land Surveyor both gave you a deal. If the PE had to run  any kind
of thorough structural calculations at all, which he probably did to  satisfy
himself that the canned design was competent for your specific soil
conditions, you should have been charged over $250. A gift.

PE seal/stamp on each page of the tower specs is not uncommon. I  ran into
that several times in MI.

Similarly, I cant recall any RLS who would come out and do much of  any
surveying for $100. Another gift.

You're right about it being cheaper than legal fees. $400 would  have bought
you an hours time with most of the atty's I know. ;-)

Good luck with your project.

73, Bob K8IA

R.D. Epstein, PE
(Registered Professional Engineer in AZ and MI)
Mesa, AZ

In a message dated 8/31/2007 3:19:32 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,