Re: [TowerTalk] Old Safety Belt

To: n6ki73@gmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Old Safety Belt
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 08:05:19 EST

In a message dated 2/3/2009 12:47:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  So where does an Amateur Operator go to get proper Tower  Climbing/Working
instructions
if there are no local ham Teacher/Elemers  .....willing or able to give
lessons.

    There are a couple of places where you can go for  tower climbing
certification. They're obviously aimed at the professional  climber and the
certs are
now typically required to be hired.

>  Has any Ham or Professional Climber ever "written the book"  on
Safe Tower Climbing and Safe Tower Work procedures including Tool  use  etc.

        OTOH I wrote tower climbing  columns in both the NCJ and the defunct
CQ Contest magazine for a total of over  10 years. I'm hoping to reprint all
of them in an upcoming book.

        OTOOH I'm about 1/2 way  done finally finishing my
way-behind-schedule tower book which I'm hoping will  be out by Dayton in May.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH
and