Re: [TowerTalk] Old Safety Belt

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Old Safety Belt
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:20:43 -0500
> "OTOH I wrote tower climbing  columns in both the NCJ and the defunct
CQ Contest magazine for a total of over  10 years. I'm hoping to reprint all
of them in an upcoming book."

Wow.  At a minimum, I would ensure that a disclaimer is conspicuously posted
in each and every column highlighted in red, bolded, blocked, and
italicized.

The last thing you want is someone to use "how to" information in reliance
to their detriment.  While you may have an adequate defense, being haled
into court is the last thing anyone needs, even if you're certain you don't
owe a duty.

Generally, instructional services like ComTrain won't release safety-related
information without enrollment.  Proper technique up on a tower needs more
than just a review in a magazine column.

Paul, W9AC