Re: [TowerTalk] Circuit Board Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Circuit Board Question
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 15:23:48 -0700
On 8/2/14, 1:40 PM, Steve Hunt wrote:
You're correct that any power dissipation due to the voltage will be
twice the matched case dissipation. But I thought - perhaps mistakenly -
we were still discussing voltage breakdown?

Rick pointed out that at kilowatt power levels, voltage breakdown may not be the real design limit.. thermal dissipation in the dielectric or copper might be the limit. It may not arc over, but if it melts just the same, it's no fun.

Steve G3TXQ