[TowerTalk] Noob question re: Thrust Bearings

To: <scott@nx7u.net>, "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Noob question re: Thrust Bearings
From: "Frank Stuart" <fstuart@hughes.net>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 16:00:00 -0500
If I read this rite I think what Scott is asking is how the setup goes.
Scott there are bolts that bolt the bearing assembly to the tower
and once the mast pipe is lowered down to just above setting on the top of
the rotor motor there is another setscrew or more, bolts etc.
that tighten to the mast pipe on the bearing itself. That keeps the mast
from going down anymore and also allows the mast to spin free with the
bearing.
And as mentioned below you must shim the mast pipe in the rotor top and even
at the bearing in some cases.

73
Frank
N5BSC