[Trlog] Watching an old friend slowly die

Subject: [Trlog] Watching an old friend slowly die
From: aa4ga at contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Fri Feb 21 12:41:20 2003
On 21 Feb 2003 at 9:18, Mark Beckwith wrote:

> >This is the sort of project that will never repay a
> >programmer's time and effort by any conventional measure, which was the
> >show-stopper then.
>
> My guess is the same could have been said of DOS about 20 years ago, and my
> guess is there were many good things that never came about at that time
> which would be easier now.

Probably...difference being that the guy who was talking about doing
a Windows TR was functioning from a profit standpoint...he's no
contester as far as I know...he was just looking for a way to make a
buck.

Nothing wrong with making a buck, but that's not why Tree got into
it, and that's why the program is as good as it is.

I need to start collecting old PC stuff I guess...the price is right!

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, Georgia