Re: [Amps] More information for "What NOT to buy"..

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] More information for "What NOT to buy"..
From: "Rick Stealey" <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:31:49 +0000
>With the SB-220 there's too much crammed into the small box.

And compare the bandswitch in an SB-220 with the L4B and you will see the
difference.  I swear the bandswitch in an R4A receiver is as heavy as an
SB-220 !  And when you mistune the SB-220 and fry the bandswitch, first of
all you will tear the amp apart getting it out, and then find out a
replacement is not available.  Just ask Lou, W1QJ, how many bad bandswitches
he has seen from SB-22os.

For an interesting way to spend 10 minutes and see what I mean about
bandswitches go to the QRO amplifier site where there are some great photos
of his amps, and look at what a real ceramic, RF rated bandswitch is all
about.

Rick  K2XT