Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: dezrat1242@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:22:44 -0600
Ok guys I will do the experiment.  I believe I know the answer but
validation is always a good thing.

Here is what I will do:

1.) Start with a #10 or #12 self supporting copper wire dipole that is
about 10" each side of the center (Fres ~ 280MHz)
2.) I will solder a 2" dia. thin copper disk to each element at the 1/3
point out from the center on each side and remeasure Fres.
3.) Then I will move the disks to the 2/3 point from the center and
remeasure Fres.

Is this reasonable?  I will choke the coax, feed it at right angles to
the dipole and make measurements in my basement with a VNA.  Comments
before I start!

73,
Larry, W0QE