Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R with KENWOOD Radios +++

To: "Randy Thompson, K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R with KENWOOD Radios +++
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <ke1fo@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:46:20 -0500
I have 2 problems with the W5XD keyer

- there is very limited support outside of WriteLog (please correct me on this if I'm wrong because I'd love to have some options!)
- In my experience, it has to be on a "real" serial port. When using the keyer via a usb/serial adapter the A/B switching response time is VERY slow - about 1 second.

Otherwise I love it.

73 de Al, KE1FO

Randy Thompson, K5ZD wrote:

I use WriteLog and the W5XD external keyer for SO2R.  One serial port from
the radio and I get full SO2R switching all from the keyboard. Plus it
handles the CW sending and radio PTT. And it has a manual A/B switch and CW
speed control so I can operate without the computer being on.

Can't understand why people mess with any of the other solutions.

Randy, K5ZD