Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton and the forum issues

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton and the forum issues
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 07:49:33 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Mark Steven Williams wrote:

> The Hamvention should consider Louisville, KY. The Kentucky Fair and
> Exposition Center offers something like 5 million square feet of  sparkling
> clean exposition area, meeting rooms, banquet facilities and parking for
> something like 25,000 vehicles less than a mile from Louisville
> International Airport.

Not a bad idea, if someone would organize it.  I'd go!

> Honestly, the facilities at KFEC put HARA to shame, hell the local Greyhound
> bus terminal puts HARA to shame.

I don't know if I'd go that far.  I took a bus trip from NYC to Champaign
IL earlier this year.  The only bus terminal that really impressed me was
in Port Authority, NYC.  The rest were pretty rinky-dink.  The Dayton bus
terminal was one of the worst.  Even the Chicago bus terminal ain't
anything to get excited about.

73, Zack W9SZ