Re: [CQ-Contest] Competitor friendly contesting

To: "DL8MBS" <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Competitor friendly contesting
From: "Russell Hill" <rustyhill@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 07:49:41 -0600
Greetings, all:

I believe an issue with respect to limited hours entries, as well as some
other "dumbed down" categories, is that the ops/stations with the biggest
scores are the most influential in terms of opinions about what is best for
contesting. Usually these are the ones who are most able to put in 48 hours,
or are the best at SO2R, or have the biggest antenna farms, and, yes,
generally have the most overall skill.  So they often see no need to "dumb
down" the competition.

We little pistols stand in awe, rightly, and simply appreciate it when we
are invited to participate in a big M/M effort.  But is hard to generate
much enthusiasm for simply being "cannon fodder" for the "Unlimited"
stations, when there is no chance to earn a spot on a Top 5 List, even if it
is in a "dumbed down" category.

73,
Rusty, na5tr