Re: [CQ-Contest] WW CW wrong Zone sent?

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW CW wrong Zone sent?
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:20:03 -0000
From: "David Gilbert' <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>

> I think it's obvious that we are all supposed to copy the zone that was
> sent,

Wrong - you log the zone that should have been sent.  Otherwise,
you may not realise you still need the "wrong" zone - the one
that was actually sent.  The fact that the wrong zone, not the
one copied, is in your Cabrillo log does not matter to CQ.

> and to trust the scoring process to take that into account
> if it was wrongly sent to enough people to flag the system.

The scoring process in CQWW does not take the zone you logged
into account.  You will be credited with the "correct" zone
for each valid QSO, the zone determined by CQ.

> The comment passed on from K1TTT clearly shows that to be
> the intent.

You have misunderstood K1TTT's intent.  Of course, if it should
be a misunderstanding on my part, I expect to hear from K1TTT.

> .. I definitely heard a couple of zones being sent incorrectly
> and inconsistently due to bad fists this past weekend.  The
> folks on the receiving end of those exchanges might get
> screwed as a result,

They won't - the QSOs will be scored as if CQ's correct zones
had been logged.

73,
Paul EI5DI