[CQ-Contest] WPX Plaques - Who should win them?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX Plaques - Who should win them?
From: "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 16:14:02 +0000
I guess I will take the unpopular position and say that I like the
plaque methodology that is already in place.

There is just a limited amount of money available for plaques.

To change to a winner-take-all for plaques would discourage some
participation and fail to recognize some extraordinary efforts from
other operators.

If I were to win the world-high, USA-high, Zone 4, W5 area, and top
Texas station plaques, I would be very happy receiving just the World
plaque. Why not share the wealth with others that made outstanding efforts?

Just how much wood do you want hanging on your wall anyway?

73, Richard - K5NA