Re: [CQ-Contest] Do serial numbers in contests hinder participation?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Do serial numbers in contests hinder participation?
From: "Ted Bryant" <W4NZ@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 08:58:02 -0400
Pete wrote.."The problem?  It lists all QSO parties simply as "QSO Party",
so if you want to multi-task among them, you get confused."

Here is an N1MM Logger work-around that I've used successfully.  If there
are multiple QSO parties or contests that I want to work during the same
weekend, I create a database for each QSO party or contest. And here's the
key - name the database with the QSO party name, ie. CQP.mdb, PAQP.mdb,
TnQP.mdb, etc. Then I build only the contest I want to work in the
appropriate database. By doing this, when you open the menu that Pete
mentioned (alt+F), it will list the last 9 contests including the current
one.  Included in the listing is the name of the database that contains the
contest log.  Simply choose the listing with the database named for the
contest you want to switch to and the proper log will be loaded.  Only takes
a few seconds to do this.

73, Ted W4NZ